Get Involved In The Zone!
The 16:62 Design Zone is an initiative of the Lawrenceville Corporation. Our mission is to brand, promote, and grow the 16:62 Design Zone as a regional and national destination for design-related goods and services by facilitating collaborative marketing.
Putting the finishing
touches on a chair at T’s Upholstery Studio.
How to Join the 16:62 Design Zone
Membership in the 16:62 Design Zone is open to businesses that meet all of the following criteria.
1. The business must be located in The Strip District or Lawrenceville, preferably between the boundaries of the 16th Street and 62nd Street Bridges.
2. The establishment’s primary line of business must fall into one of the following categories:
- The provision of goods or services related to home or workspace design, including but not imitated to: new or used home furnishings or accessories; antiques/architectural salvage; architecture or interior design services; bath and kitchen fixtures; handcrafted objects for the home; construction or renovation products such as doors, windows, paint, and canvas goods; lighting fixtures; floor coverings; craft supplies; custom furniture, cabinetry, millwork, or metalwork; window treatments; decorative textiles such as fabrics and upholstery; and furniture refinishing or restoration.
- Galleries and artisan studios of fine art and craft. Studios must be open to the public as a place of business, even if by appointment only.
Our Members pay an annual fee that assists in underwriting our promotional efforts. For more information or a membership application, contact Maya Haptas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We assist with your business' promotional efforts by...
- Publishing and distributing a free guidebook listing Design
- Maintaining a website that promotes the Design Zone as a destination
for customers with an interest in home and workplace design and
- Creating and distributing an e-newsletter that promotes Design
Zone business news and events to the general public.
- Encouraging cooperative business activity for promotions,
special events, and making positive changes to the business district.
How You Can Make a Difference
The ongoing success of the Design Zone program is dependent on your participation. How can you help?
- Distribute the 16:62 Design Zone guidebook at your businesseither
by prominently displaying them or handing them to customers
- Encourage your customers to visit other Design Zone businesses
- Refer customers requiring additional services to your Design
- Keep us informed of news and
events at your business (with as much advance notice as possible!)
- Use the 16:62 Design Zone logo
in your advertising, signs, packaging, and website
- Ask your customers to sign up for the Design
- Share your ideas on how we can promote Design Zone businesses
- Forward Design Zone news and events information to your customer
- Tell your customers about the 16:62 Design Zone website at http://www.1662designzone.com
The Lawrenceville Corporation can also assist Design Zone
businesses in obtaining information about façade renovation,
public financing programs, small business development resources,
and site selection.
Zone members mingle and grill at a networking event at COCA
For information about these services or to enroll in the
Design Zone program, contact:
Maya Haptas ,
Design Zone Manager
412.782.5100 x 103